Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Playing catch-up

Whew. I'm here. The holidays were exhausting, chaotic but wonderful. I hosted my family Christmas morning at 10 am and Blake's family later that afternoon. Saying we were all exhausted by the end of the day is an understatement.

I have lots of posts to catch up on. I had a doctors appointment and got to listen to that little flutter on the Doppler. It sounds as though I might have an anterior placenta again, boo but I have been feeling movement already, which is awesome!

I had to have another blood test to recheck my platelet count. They were low at my first OB appt and I"m praying they are up to where they need to be. If they are not, she mentioned a round of steroids and perionatologist so of course that worried me a bit. After Brady was born, I did have a lot of bleeding and while I in the hospital after my c-section complications, my platelets low enough I almost needed a transfusion. I'm hoping that along with the fact I had bled most of the first 8 weeks has something to do with those low levels. Low platelets is a sign of HELLP so that scares the crappola outta me but I know they are watching everything so I have to just wait and see.

On a positive note, our anatomy scan is scheduled! I'll about 21 weeks which sucks because I'm already going nuts but I'm excited to see that little face again and find out if Brady will have a sister or brother. We found out at 17 weeks with Brady because of a positive result on the quad test so it feels like eons away now! Tick tock, tick tock! I am excited to meet this baby but I'm also trying to savor my time alone with Brady. It feels like time is going so fast.

Brady is seriously talking up a storm. The kid talks in sentences and the things he says crack us up but I've come to the sad realization he is no longer a baby. He is still struggling with sleep and I was in his room the other night just sitting by his bed (I think we have some separation anxiety going on) and I watched him roll to his belly, put his little hands underneath his pillow and cuddle up like a little boy. It melted my heart but it assured me, he was growing up far too fast. I need to slow life down a bit before this new baby comes.

No comments: