I've seen ads for Huggies Little Movers Slip-on and I have been quite intrigued. The thing about my child is that he thinks running away from me is quite funny, especially after bath time (because you know he HAS to walk from the tub to his room with the towel wrapped around him BY HIMSELF!) He then throws the towel down and runs away. He finds it so amusing (even though I always win), I call him the "DIAPER DASHER!"
I have found a few tricks for diapering my little runaway:
- Bribing...wait, I'm just kidding, I mean I let him play with my cell phone. This usually does the trick especially if I have a fun toddler app for him to play!
- Stash stickers with the diapers. I put one on the back of his hand and by the time he peels it off, voila, diaper changed!
- I sing a silly song about stinky Elmo or something that I pull out of my exhausted brain. He finds it oh so entertaining.
- I ask him where his body parts are. If he is distracted and his hands are busy, it goes much faster and well, it saves a change for grabbing things that well, shouldn't be grabbed.
- A special toy or item. I have a few toys or things that he loves to play with stashed away near his diapers in case of a true diaper emergency. A choo choo train, nose bulb or a mini lotion bottle is our go to emergency diaper weapons of choice (my child loves lotions!)
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Huggies blogging program, for a gift card worth $35. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”