Thursday, August 6, 2009

No more BLAH!

So, I realized that my last post was kinda blah. I went to my doc to talk about my stomach problems and she put me on Nexium...which is like $5,000. Not really but it's expensive. The pepcid and tums I was taking just wasn't cutting it. As much as I hate taking meds, I have to take this. My appetite has gone down and now it not the time to starve baby b! So, here is to feeling better!

While I was there I talked to my Dr who is in a family practice and last time she mentioned that she could take baby b if I wanted to. I thought about it and had some questions and I asked her them yesterday. One of my biggest concerns is the immunizations. I want him to get his shots but just not 6 at one time. Too much for a little guy...and she said she would work with me on that! The only drawback is that she can't come see him at the hospital....so I have a decision to make soon!

Blake asks a lot of questions because he is a man and has no idea about labor and the whole birthing process except for the fact that it comes out of a place that he might be a little familiar with. He asked me last night what would happen if my water broke on our new hardwood floors. He and I am hoping he was joking asked if I would clean it up........

I told him that would be his job because if I am in FREAKING LABOR my last thought is going to be about whether or not I am going to damage our new hardwood floors. He is a funny man that Blake.....

We also have really started talking more seriously about daycare and we both kind of started to freak out. It's expensive, and I'm giving my tiny little man to strangers. We really cannot afford for me to quit so I have to work, plus I am 2 years away from being vested (which equals pension!) I think if a family member or someone we knew could watch him, I would feel better about it all but it's just not feasible. I feel like there is an answer somewhere we just haven't reached it yet....so I'll stay positive!

St. Louis weather man is my current enemy. Well, I guess I shouldn't blame him, it's really mother natures fault but 99 as a high NOT including the heat index? I know we have been really lucky lately but come on, mother nature, don't you know heat=cankles for me?

So...you know where you will find me this weekend? INSIDE!!!

6 comments:

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

So many questions and concerns..I feel ya. I worry about babysitting also and really really worry about doctors and such. Do you guys have a name yet?

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're on your way to feeling better, Amy!! And, I hear you on the heat. This weekend is going to be brutal... Blech.

Jennelle said...

I am nearly positive that Matt has to take Nexium, and he uses a generic. Could you talk to your doctor about that possibility? It'd be a lot cheaper!

Angie said...

Now that I'm preggo I'm freaking out too about all these options. School, daycare, work etc. I don't wanna work but I don't wanna lose my paycheck either. I do have a mother in law and a stepmom who don't work, maybe they'll be able to help me out. It's a ton to think about and it's scaring me bad!

Anonymous said...

So many concerns we have huh? We've figured out the return to work / daycare issue and I'll be staying home for at least 2 years until our little one is able to join a day care / play group a couple times per week and I'll get a part time job. It's scary to lose my paycheck but I know it's going to be so worth it to be home.

Glad you got a new med to help with your stomach, hoping you feel better super quick!!! :)

Emily said...

I hope your stomach is feeling better! If the Nexium is kinda pricey you might be able to use Prilosec which is over the counter or prescription w/ a generic and is usually cheaper. =-)