Thursday, April 30, 2009

13 weeks and growing.....

Time is flying (well, today it def does not feel that way) but I am already 13 weeks!

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

I am amazed at how fast this baby is growing. It looks more like a baby now, and less like an alien! I thought that the morning sickness was gone, so I quit taking all the meds. Boy, was I wrong! My energy levels are picking up a little, but our crappy rainy, dreary weather isn't helping.

I have started to pop a little. I have had two people at work tell me that I am looking preggo. Thankfully, I am because that could have been awkward! I am ready to look pregnant and not just like I ate too much!


I have to tell you that as excited as I am, I do get days where I am totally freaking out. Like the other day, a coworker brought in her new tiny baby (I mean tiny, he was 6 weeks and like 7 pounds!) I looked at that baby and someone goes, here you hold him. My legs got all wobbly and I started sweating. He was just so tiny, and to think in less than 6 months, I will have my own! It's exciting but so scary! Yesterday, I got free sample of diapers in the mail! They were so cute, and so tiny, but then again, an "OMG, this is real" small attack happened.

I know all those fears will go away once I hold him/her for the first time. Speaking of hims and hers.....I cannot wait to know! A friend of ours just found out they are having a girl! I can't wait to know....I am dying of suspense. Really, I am. You should see me :)

3 comments:

Sassy said...

I shake and sweat when someone hands me a baby, but for obviously different reasons. :)

Do you want a boy or a girl most? Yeah, yeah, you want it to be healthy, but what do you REALLY want? My SIL wanted a girl and when she found out it was a boy, she cried for days. She's glad to have her son without a doubt, but she initially had her heart set on a girl.

Anonymous said...

All of this means that you will make someone a very special and wonderful mother :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the weekly updates of what is happening and how the baby is growing? It's absolutely amazing and so exciting!