Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wow. Painting sucks man.

I accomplished my goal. The bedroom is done and I never want to paint again! I have to say I wasn't sure about the color until I got the first wall done. I have to say that I LURVES it! I just wish it was done. Completely and right now.

i HATE our furniture. It's Blake's grandmothers and it's old. It's really old but as much as i hate it, we are stuck with it for right now. At least until I find furniture I want. Here is the catch. I want something specific and something cheap. (I want a vintage-like dresser. Moreover a white one.) Then, I was going to order the duvet cover I found at West Elm.

Well, looks like I won't be getting that anytime soon. It' back ordered until the end of March. Wonderful. I feel like our room will never be done.

I also feel like we have 9,000 projects going on right now and we need that many things done. We need new floors, new cabinets (half of them are water damaged from the previous owner, as is our bathroom vanity) and new carpet. I am still waiting on a new fridge because we need to decide what to do with the cabinets since they put them too low. We either have to remove the cabinets above it or keep the current fridge we have. I am not sure how it will look without cabinets. The best thing would be to get all new cabinets, but that is not cheap and we have a gazillion other things that need to be done. Decisions. Decisions. Nothing is easy with this damn house.

Oh, I painted the bathroom too. I painted it 'Bitter Chocolate' and the man at Depot told me, 'um, you know this is going to be dark?' Thanks, but I am not a dumb girl who doesn't know what she is doing. I happen to think it looks fan-freaking-tastic thankyouverymuch!

I am working on a little project I hope works out the way it does in my head. I have a paper to work on tonight, so hopefully I will get to work on it tomorrow! It's one that is a little special in so many ways.....i hope it all doesn't go to waste! Wish me luck!

I am off to pick up a little birdie I fell in love with. No, not a real one but a cute little ceramic one. I'll snap some pics of it soon!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

ooo i request photos of the green bedroom AND brown bathroom! :)

also, since you hate your bedroom furniture, have you thought about painting it and giving it new hardware? or would that be too much work for something you're ready to just get rid of? the other thing is maybe you could look for the TYPE/STYLE of dresser you want on a place like craigslist, and think about being able to paint a piece white.. just a thought :)

glad to hear you love it though! that's all that counts (and men at the hardware store, who think we're just dumb helpless women...can SUCK IT.)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about prioritizing house projects. There are so many things we could do that we have no idea where to even start. I think we may just sell the damn place instead!!

Can't wait to see pics of the finished paint jobs!

Katie said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see pictures of the bedroom and bathroom! I'm so excited! How can a cool duvet like that be backordered for THAT long?? Have you tried Ebay maybe?

Jenn said...

Ok - for your furniture..start looking at antique shops. When I had my first apartment, my mom and I bought an entire bedroom set for less than $250. It's all antique "waterfall" and the finish of the pieces were in pretty bad shape and most pieces were in need of new hardware.

We took it all home, used liquid stipped, primed it, added two coats of white paint, and finally a clear poly finish. And instead of buying new hardware, I soaked the original hardware in the stipper and then spray painted it silver. I still have the furniture in my extra bedroom. I was so proud of myself when I finished. I'll probably keep this furniture forever b/c A - it was a big deal for me to do this by myself and B - it is in such good shape...the seriously don't make furniture like this anymore.