Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007....the best is yet to come!

I will have to say that this was a good year, and i think (well, i know!) that 2008 will be better.

What did 2007 bring?
  • I started a new job, and kind of a new beginning. I had struggled with the choice to leave my previous job, and I finally decided to take the leap. I love my job, while i wish it paid better, I'm definitely content for now!
  • We got engaged-Valentines Day! I have never cared for that stupid, hallmark holiday, which is why he proposed on that day! I kind of laugh sometimes when i think about it but now i will look forward to it each year! He is so funny-I posted a while back about his lack of ability to keep a surprise or gift for very long....he ALMOST woke me up at midnight the night before to give me the ring. He kept getting it out of the box, and staring at it. He's too cute!
  • We bought our house! We could not be any happier about our choice, and one day when we are done with more updates i will post some pics! It will be a labor of love, but its our beginning!

Wow....2008 will be awesome! I am sure of that....mostly because we are getting married! I cannot wait, and i know as soon as Jan 1st rolls around, time will fly and the next four months will be here before we know it! EEEK!

This New Years Eve, we decided to go low key...very low key and i am excited. Good friends of ours and us will be heading to Remy's for a nice, relaxing meal before we celebrate the new year! The menu looks delicious! You can choose from 3-4 courses! Now, decisions, decisions, decisions.
First a la carte $10
Fritto Misto shrimp, calamari & bay scallops w/lemon mustard vinaigrette
Stuffed Grapevine Leaves "a house specialty" stuffed w/ground lamb & rice in tomato cumin sauce
Moroccan Seasoned Crab Cake w/horseradish-stone ground mustard tartar sauce
Crispy Gorgonzola & Apple Flat Bread w/walnuts & honey
Stracci Pasta w/mushrooms, asparagus & white truffle oil
Artichoke, Bacon & Bleu Cheese Fondue w/crispy flatbread
Spinach Cannelloni w/grilled chicken & four cheese filling
Second a la carte $8
Field Greens w/Kalamata olives, garbanzo beans & tomatoes w/house Gorgonzola red wine vinaigrette
Feta Mousse w/truffled roasted red peppers, capers & fresh spinach
Mediterranean Salad w/cucumber, tomato, Kalamata olives & feta cheese tossed w/fresh lemon & olive oil
Hummus "a house specialty" w/flat bread & feta cheese
Lobster Bisque
Third a la carte $22
Grilled Salmon w/Soy & Honey Glaze striped w/ginger scallion aioli
Champagne Poached Cod w/saffron rice, escarole & tarragon parsley butter
Seared Sea Scallops on Smoked Paprika Risotto w/green peas & manchego cheese
Pan Seared Chicken Breast w/fresh mozzarella & lemon butter chardonnay sauce served over broccollini
Bacon Wrapped Porkloin w/apricots & almonds served w/savory bread pudding & roasted winter vegetables
Braised Lamb Shank on Gorgonzola whipped potatoes w/lamb demi-glace
Grilled Beef Tenderloin w/triple bleu cheese butter & cabernet reduction
Vegetarian Entree Available Upon Request
Fourth a la carte $7
Chocolate Hazelnut Torte w/frangelico anglaise & praline crisp
Tiramisu layers of Sambuca soaked pound cake, pistachios, chocolate shavings & mascarpone mousse
Warm Apple & Golden Raisin Bread Pudding w/brandy hard sauce, "a Remy's classic"
Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee

I wish everyone a safe, and Happy New Year! I will see you all next year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remy's salmon is the most amazing thing I have ever had. I am not even a huge salmon fan but it is incredible!!!