Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The truth about 'momnesia' or not...


 I guess there is something to the 'momnesia' that people told me about in hopes of getting me through the hardest days. I didn't forget that feeling I felt when I first saw Brady for the first time and got to hold his squishy little face in my hands. I didn't forget how months of sleepless nights can make you crazy. 

Having been through this already, you think I'd be prepared for the crazy things that pregnancy can do to you, right? Enter momnesia. Apparently, it's real, well, kind of. 

I feel like this child is draining brain cells as I type and I certainly don't remember feeling this dumb last time. I don't know how many times I've heard myself say, "what was I doing?'  I seriously feel dumber everyday and think that Brady is starting to figure out how to use this to his advantage. Then again, I am sure part of this is due to two years of sleepless nights.

I forgot about the fact that boobs could grow to epic proportions. Brady obviously noticed as I heard him chanting, 'momma big boobs.' I know we didn't teach him that! 

Coughing? Sneezing? Yeah, don't go there. 

I actually did  for a brief second forget about the ridiculous comments people make. 

Are you going to have a third to 'shoot for a girl?' "You sure are getting big!" Those of course are my favorite for now until cankles set in later. 

I did actually forget how awful it is to wake up in the middle of the night to find your hand feels like a solid rock. I compare pregnancy induced carpel tunnel to Mr. Deed's dead foot. I forgot how sexy wearing wrist guards to bed can be!

 I didn't quite forget about all the time you spend running to the bathroom! I know where all the best bathrooms are in the greater St. Louis area and yes, I plan my day around them! 

I didn't forget though, how amazing it is to feel that little baby squirm around and those sweet little jabs. It feels a bit different this time though since I don't have an anterior placenta and I'm enjoying every second. These are the moments that make it all worth it. That I can attest to. 

Then again, ask me in a few months. I'm sure I'll have forgotten most of this. 









3 comments:

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

On your previous post......tucker goes to daycare 3days a week and it's great for everyone!!!!!!

Shannon Sentences said...

I can't wait to remember and forget all over again! "Momma big boobs" is hilarious, and I'm sure he has a knack for pulling that one out in the most innappropriate of times!

Mary said...

I shed tears over people telling me I was getting big. Jason just did not get why that made me upset because pregnant women are supposed to get big. But, why can't someone just say, "you look great." I just hated having people scrutinize my body like that. That being said, I must have momnesia because I miss being pregnant!