Monday, April 11, 2011

Heading forward

Thank you all for your sweet comments here, emails and on facebook. I am lucky to have married into such a wonderful family but it is sad it won't ever be the same. Watching someone so close to death and in my husband's case seeing someone take their last breaths changes you. It's hard to get that vision out of your head and you do not leave that tiny room the same. It still doesn't seem so real. With Matt, I saw him at least once a week so the loss felt immediate. We didn't always see his brother often enough but as Easter is near, it will be felt.

We are slowly trying to get back to the normalcy of life and with a curious, busy toddler you can get swept away in that and it helps. I'm saddened by the thought that my son will not know so many people that we loved. I'm sad that he lost one of his few uncles he had and won't get to know him. He is so little that he won't have memories and that just plain sucks.

I know a lot of you are wondering what happened. Maybe one day I'll get into it and to be honest, I'm tired of telling the story. I will tell you that some of his organs were donated and we all got pins/bracelets. It is good to know that out of this, many people will have their lives changed for good.

Things have been pretty chaotic around here. The weather has turned and that has left Brady and I both feeling like crap. With all this going on, my child is still a busy toddler and he is what keeps us going! Man, does he keep us going.

No comments: