Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk (i used reduced fat and they turned out yummy!)
2 Tbsp. red food coloring
1 recipe Whoopie Pie Filling
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line sheeting with parchment paper (i didn't do this but recipe called for) Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt--set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating after each addition just until combined. Stir in food coloring.
3. Spoon batter in 1 or 2 inch onto baking sheet (i found they were easier when smaller)
4. Bake 7-9 minutes for 1 inch, and 9-11 for 2 inch or until tops are set. cool completely on baking sheets on rack. remove cooled cookies from baking sheets.
5. Top one cookie with Whoopie Pie filling and place other cookie on top.
Fold in one 7-ounce jar of Marshmallow fluff.....and viola! The bestest cookies, EVA! seriously, they are awesome. I will tell you that they are better once refrigerated for a bit because the filling hardens up a bit.......keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days and ENJOY!