Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy freaking Christmas man.....

Well, it's turning out to be a fan-freaking-tastic holiday so far! My mom has been staying with us since, well, since Friday (the day aftter she got into a car accident). Since too long......Since she decided that the dust bunnies underneath the couch were appalling (I for one, loved those damn bunnies!), since i don't clean the windows on our french doors enough....since she won't go away.....since my husband wants to leave because she is one of those people that should only be handled in small doses (I know, horrible daughter i am, but YOU try livng with her...you'll agree in about an hour)

Anyone want her? I'm willing to make a trade (or force her upon someone.) She loves to clean....anyone?

I guess I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday (as in the Christmas holiday, which we are now allowed to say, as it was banned for a while, but let's still call it holiday to be on the safe side, right?)

I unfortunately have to work tomorrow and wishing right now i was at home in my comfy, warm bed snuggling with the animals (yes, i said animals not husband, come on--he's not as fun to snuggle with) I am an old woman, I realize as i sit here questioning why i decided to partake in adult beverages when I'm too old to deal with the repercussions, and to think that shots were a good idea? Ha, I laught at my self, but at least it was fun.

Oh, amy, when will you learn?

I'll learn as soon as my mom leaves.

On another note, if you haven't visited Triumph, you need to go there now! Go, run. Their Calamari is the best i have EVER tasted, as is their edamame hummus, and their stuffed mushrooms, and well, everything. If you visit on a Monday, buy two entrees and get a BOTTLE of wine for FREE! Yes, it is what i partook in and yes, there were 6 free bottles of wine!

Like i said, Have a happy and SAFE holiday! (we are hosting xmas eve, so wish me luck and sanity or that my mom leaves.....)

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

I wonder if your mom is related to mine!?!?! She does the exact same thing. You are not a bad daughter. I hope it gets a little better. At least you get a clean house out of it.

Amanda, Mandy, Manda, Tomato said...

The first time my mom visited us out here she focused in on the one cobweb I missed way up high in the corner.

Urgh. Mom's. Ya gotta love 'em!

Julia Goolia said...

I'd take your mom [or mine, for that matter] to help me clean. I love it but find that I push it off when I'm busy. I'll take her!

Merry Christmas!

Sh. said...

Oh, you gotta love moms! Hope you were able to have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday!