Friday, May 20, 2011

Travelin' with Twizzlers!

 Summer is a time for traveling and exciting vacations and I'm curious who is taking one so I can live vicariously through you! Who want's to travel to the Show me State?

(I think this design for the Arch would be awesome!)

 What was your favorite road trip? My favorite road trip as a family hasn't happened yet and I think the last road trip Blake and I went to was to Tunica (I still wanna go back just to eat at Paula Deen's again!)  I can't wait to take a trip somewhere soon! I can think of a million and one places I want to show Brady! It's funny but the idea of traveling with a child used to freak me out but the thought of showing him new places is so exciting!

Here are a few good travel tips:
  • Create a boredom bag. Convert a hanging travel cosmetic case into a case full of fun and hang it from the seat back in front of the kids’ seats.
  • Take your trip “online.” From GPS systems to phone applications, trips are no longer a navigation nightmare.
  • Think through the snacks you pack. Avoid packing snacks that are easy to spill like juice boxes or snacks that melt. Try plastic bottles with sports tops and bring along Twizzlers Candy or Twizzlers Nibs Candy – they are easy to share and don’t melt, making them the perfect car ride treat.
  I haven't traveled much in the U.S (I know, how sad!) and want to take a trip to the Grand Canyon which I have only seen through a tiny window on the airplane on our way to Vegas a few years ago.  I also want to see the Statue of Liberty too !
(Is it odd I just want to nibble on her headpiece?)

What's your favorite snack for traveling?

Mine has always been Twizzlers. It's still my favorite candy and I could eat licorice till the cows come home! I remember eating it as a kid at the pool and I wish I had some right now.




Disclosure: I am entering a contest for a Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club

1 comment:

Trisha said...

We just got back from our cruise. (Alaska) Seems like Summer should be almost over now, but it just started! We are going to Ohio in July for a wedding, so other than that, we are done with traveling this year already. I don't know how I feel about that!

One of my favorite traveling snacks is also Twizzlers. My other favorite is hostess cupcakes. (go figure)