1. Can I just tell you how much my kid rocks? We never had it easy with the whole sleep thing and I think I can say that we deserve this just as much as any other parents who were 'lucky' enough to enjoy lots of sleepless nights. My child is beginning to love his sleep. There have been countless times where he has 'requested' to go to bed.
His request entails signing milk, with his milk in one hand. I ask him, "Do you want to go night night?' He replies with a sad, 'Uh, huh!" I lay him down in bed and he goes to sleep. That is it, my friends. I can say that all the sleepless nights, all the worrying about my baby never sleeping has paid off.
I never thought in a million years, I would be saying this. Ever. So, pigs do fly, ladies. They do fly.
2. Speaking of sleeping, my birthday was yesterday and I got the best gift. He slept in until 8. Yep. Again, never thought I'd say this especially since we've had a lot of super early mornings and I swore I saw pigs flying around my house. He did get up briefly at 5 am but he went back to sleep. Awesomeness.
3. Speaking of birthday's, I decided to use this week as a 'giveaway' week. I have several lined up and I hope to have one from myself by the end of the week too! I"m excited about all of them because I have tried them all and love each of them! I hope to have one up by the end of today! Insert happy dance :)
4. A year ago, I had the most awful birthday. It was only as week after we lost a dear friend and having a birthday near that date is something that I will remember every year. While I never really care to celebrate much for my birthday, well, it was nothing short of perfect. Woke up late and spent the day with my family of three. Brady greeted me in bed with a big smile on his face and gave me about 100 hugs. We spent the rest of the day with family and I went to bed feeling very blessed. It's funny how life changes and makes you appreciate the smallest gifts in life. I am blessed for that reason alone.
5. I also have some wonderful news to share. My friend who was diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer this summer, while she didn't have an easy go, is proud to say she is officially cancer free. After a hard round of chemo and a double mastectomy, she beat it! Her road was not easy but any means and she had a hard time with it all, which is why I kept a lot out of here but it's definitely a reminder that we need to take time for ourselves and do self-exams. It might just save your life.
Wow, that was a post full of good things and that alone makes me happy!