I never thought that as a mom, I would find myself so changed. Not only by the lack of sleep, but I never thought that the littlest things would make me so happy. That the little things would sail us through the hardest times.
- The sound of his voice coming across the monitor when he wakes up. He lays in his crib and 'talks' each morning until I go to get him. It is the best alarm clock I have found, and makes me wake up with a smile.
- The sound of Brady giggling is music to my ears, and never fails to put a smile on my face.
- The look on his face when he is discovering something new. This is the only time in his life when everything is new.
- The look he gives his Daddy melts my heart.
- The look on his face when I pick him up out of his crib. He gets the biggest smile on his face, and wraps his little arms around my neck, and nuzzles his head into me. I call it a baby hug.
- When he puts his face up to mine, and tries to give me open mouthed, slobbery baby kisses.
- The feeling you get when you look at your son and you know he is so innocent, and knows no pain or sadness
There is so much I never thought I would experience as a mother.
- Never could imagine that the massive amounts of puke could keep coming out of his mouth! I had no clue that puke could travel so far.........
- Sticking your hand inside the diaper to check it is a big mistake.
- You really do think your kid is the cutest thing on earth.
- You get excited for each milestone but find yourself saddened that they are growing so fast. I can't wait for the day he tells me he loves me, and wraps his little arms around me, but I want to keep him small forever!
- I never thought my instinct would be so great. I want to protect him from all the bad things, and show him all the good things. I want him to never know pain or sadness. I want him to be forever protected by the innocence of childhood.
- I never imagined I would love another so much and to understand the true meaning of unconditional love. Sometimes, I feel like my heart is going to burst and that there is no way I could love him more but each day I surprise myself to find that I love him even more.
- That I love being a mom more than anything else.
This is the last day of this month. I am glad that it is over because it has been a rough month, but to know that he is another month older, makes me sad. This month has taught me so much, but more than anything I have learned how much I love being a mom.
How much my child has changed me.
How much love and happiness he brings to others.
How much laughter he brings into our lives.
He had made me a better person, and I am forever grateful for that. I might be a bit more sappy, or shed more happy tears, but I am forever changed. It really is true when they say that child changes everything, and he is by far the greatest gift I have received. I thank God everyday for this gift. I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I hope that all those who desire this kind of love will be granted with this kind of blessing.