Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Motherhood has been good to me.

I had yesterday off and I am finding it to be exceptionally hard being away from my little pork chop today.

Looking back at the past three months, I already find it hard to remember how he was as a newborn. He was so small, and he is growing more everyday. For those of you with newborns, or ready to pop (ahem, Lisa, and Kristal), enjoy every moment that you have because that stage is gone before you know it. I am glad I took some days just to cuddle, and now I wish I could have those days that I didn't back once again.

My mindset is different now that I am a mom, especially since I am back at work. I love every moment I have with him and do not take a second for granted. I hope that in ten years I can say the same.

I made a call the other day about something (i think it was insurance related) and found myself laughing when I said, 'my son.' It's funny because after 12 weeks, it is still weird to me that I am a mother, that this magnificent little being is here, and more so that I created him (well, i guess i had a little help.)

Someone the other day told me that motherhood has been good to me. That made me smile because they are right but not in the way they think. Motherhood has opened my eyes a bit brighter, and the sides of my mouth curl a little wider. I get excited about the little things in life, and don't take for granted the bigger things. There is more laughter in my life, and in my home. Family has become closer, and all of our hearts have grown. I laugh everyday, and my heart melts with each tiny smile he gives me. I am selfless and blessed. I am a mom, and am thankful for that everyday.

8 comments:

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

Its so weird saying son...right? I laugh at myself too..ha

Lisa said...

I can't wait for all of this! I love hearing some good friends with children say how excited they are for us, and you can really feel it radiating from them. And, I know it's because they're in on your little secret. They know how amazing it is, something I'm soon to learn for myself, and I am so very excited.

Katie said...

How sweet Amy! I still laugh when I say my son...and he'll be a year old in a month. I still can't believe I'm a mom either, but I love it!

Kim said...

Being a mom is the most rewarding thing ever, isn't it?

Unknown said...

And...you just made me tear up! Beautiful!

d.a.r. said...

You are so sweet!!!

*K said...

I love your posts because they are so upbeat and just make me smile:)

Teresa said...

That was beautiful, Amy, truly. I love this post, it is so heartfelt and true, thanks for writing it.