Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things you don't want to hear (38 weeks!)

I swear my feet and legs are the conversation of everyone I meet. I go to my Dr. appt today and my dr. was out so I saw another one, (who I have seen before and I like.) She comes in and says, 'So i hear you have tree trunks for legs," and I show her and she goes, oh wow! Then she reads me my note from my Dr. and it says, "Edema-very impressive!" So, yes, chuck that up to things you don't want to hear.....but you know I am so used to it! They are pretty bad......and tree-trunk like!

I I have been having some contractions but they are not close together at all. The first one took me by such surprise! I was at lunch with coworkers and I looked around like I had expected them to feel it too!

I have made some progress, still 1 cm dilated, and 90% effaced! YAY! She said that most first time moms will efface first and then dilate, so that is good to know I am making some progress.


I am to the point where I am just uncomfortable...really just miserable, and ready to have him in my arms. I will try anything so if you have something that worked, let me know! I am hereby, evicting this baby!

I have a pic and another post coming tomorrow!

7 comments:

LC said...

Please let tomorrow's post have a pictures of your tree-trunk legs :) I don't believe it until I see it!

Sarah said...

aww, hang in there girly.

my mom always says: "pregnancy/labor are the easiest pains to forget." :) once you're holding little brady, i'm sure you'll agree the discomfort and swelling will all be worth it!

Unknown said...

It's probably the last thing you feel like doing but...

Getting it on can throw you into labor.

If you can't do that then lots and lots of walking.

Katie said...

Try eggplant parmesan.

Angie said...

I too heard alot of doctors prescribe sex to get labor going. That and lots of walking. You prob don't feel like doing either one of those things!!!!
Don't forget to have your hubs call someone on the board so they can post all your details! We're all so excited for you Amy!

Mrs.Tron said...

Yeah for more progress! We were always told the same thing about effacing and dilating. Once, you're fully effaced they told us then came all the dilating. Good Luck and hope your little man is here soon.

Dee said...

My legs were HUGE HUGE HUGE with my last baby. They even took a WHOLE WEEK to go down to normal after baby. i was embarrassed to wear shorts or capris b/c they were so big and I even had to go up a size in flip flops so that I could wear any type of shoes. I feel your pain!