Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Progress baby! 37 weeks!

Today was a good dr visit! I didn't gain any weight, wahoooo!

I am dilated 1 cm, and 50% effaced! Yay for progress! His head is nice and low (um, I know!) She also doesn't want to send me right to a c-section (whew!) and wants me to go through labor as she thinks there is a great chance he could fit. (double whew!) but only at that time will we know!

I was also told that I need to get my wedding ring off ASAP. I am supposed to elevate my hand and then try to get it off but seriously have tried everything--soap, lotion, oil, and soaking my hand in ice. I might have to get it cut off and it might make me weepy but that isn't anything weird because everything seems to do that to me lately. I mean I got emotional the other day because something Blake which had no emotional connotation whatsoever....or because i dropped something!

My nose looks like it grew in place of gaining weight this week. Seriously....

My feet look like fat snausages, and my back is killing me but I am so close to meeting my little man, it's crazy. I think I might have a little mini panic attack over that thought....breathe, Amy, breathe!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Good to hear your doc wants you to try labor first and not go straight to c-section. I hope you find a way to get your ring off.

You're getting so close now!

Lisa said...

oh man...I hope you can get that ring off. Yikes! I stopped wearing mine at like 12 weeks (but it was tight to being with)

Lisa said...

I'm almost freaking out because you're so close!! I mean I just can wrap my brain around what it will be like to actually have her HERE!! And, you'll be able to share all the details pretty soon :).

Anonymous said...

YAY for progress, Amy! No way are you gonna make it to your due date - how exciting! And hopefully that ring will come off soon. Mine still fits just fine, but I've had no swelling yet...after your experiences, I'll be taking it off the second I do start to swell!

N. said...

I really hope you find something that works, so you can get your ring off without having to cut it off!
I can't believe how close you are!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you lucky girl, you are effacing and diliating!!! Me = zero progress on both accounts. I'm happy you are getting there, and almost get to me the little man, yay!!!

Keep us posted! ;)

Katie said...

How exciting!!

Stuff Parents Need said...

Good luck over the coming weeks. Waiting is one of the hardest parts of this whole thing!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

Yeh for you!!! Almost time!!! I took my ring off weeks ago and I feel you on the face and feet....its great isn't it