Monday, May 26, 2008

Now that the weddings over......

Since I have a wedding hangover, I'm obsessed with redoing our house. I have 5,0001 things i want to do. For some strange reason, I started with the one that I decided on last minute, and it is an exhausting, loong process---I am painting our cabinets. Since it's a bigger pain in the ass ( I mean process) than I thought, I figured i'd post some pics of our new casa (well, somewhat new, we've been here since Oct.


This is what our living room looked like when we moved in. I love yellow, but this was overkill, and it matched nothing else in the house. So, I got creative, and wanted something different...
(Disregard that weird thing next to the sofa--think it was a seasonal deco, and those brown things bc i made Blake get rid of them....they are the biggest, and most ghetto speakers known to man. I made him get real speakers...ha)

Here is the eat in kitchen thing, and a semi-decent pic of the 2nd color I chose. Now, don't get too used to that stupid table because that is the next thing to go. (glass table=pain in ass to keep clean for super-anal retentive person....) I wish i had gotten pics of the light fixtures before we took them down. God awful ugly is the only way to describe them.

Gah, more freggin yellow. This was the crappy before pic i took, before we painted it greenish.
And here is work in progress....i took out the bottom plates bc i am a messy painted (and from what I have been told since all the cabinet doors are off, that I am super anal, and weird all bc i like things to line up and be in order....geez)
Now, prepare yourselves: the next two pictures are nauseating and quite sickening to view......so those who are sensitive to hideous style, look away!!!
our two hallways BEFORE......

This first one is AFTER i took off 6,004343 layers of hideous borders. WTF is up with the pukey, poopy brown?
I don't have an after pic yet bc we still haven't hung up all the crap we want to yet. but we painted it an almond color. I'll post pics later of it....

After I finish the cabinets (i'll almost done...) i want to stain the deck, and work on the bathroom but first i want to get this TV hung up and replace the stand with something higher. (note, this is Tony, and yes, he is single. Any takers?? he's lots of fun)

So, wish me luck on my first BIG project, and remember, if you are single (i think i might know one or two single girls) or have single friends, Tony is available. :)

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

ah, the glorious days after the wedding....so many house projects, so little time. I love what you've done so far and totally respect your anal retentiveness.

Maria said...

Holy cow you got a lot done! Everything looks great!!!

Aimee said...

Good luck with all your projects! Sounds like they're coming along quite well. Can't wait to see some more after pictures!