Thursday, April 26, 2012

32 weeks: Waiting.

It's been a whirlwind of crazy times around our household. I've got lots to post about but I'll share more about other things once I can!

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and I'm now waiting which sucks. 

Let me back up a bit to explain. Last week, I started itching. It was odd and random since it wasn't all the time so I thought it was something like allergies or something of the same realm. Then, a week later, it was still around and when I was itchy, it was bad. I wanted to literally claw off my skin. I mentioned it at my appointment thinking I had PUPPS. 

I don't have a rash and then she mentioned something called cholestatis, which is a pregnancy induced liver condition which affects the flow of bile. The only symptom is usually the symptom I have-being intensely itchy. 

Of course, I asked Dr. Google and he scared the crap out of me talking about high risks of stillborn, premature labor and a higher risk of inhaling meconium. Everything I read recommended early delivery which would throw my VBAC out the window (attempting vbac means you can't be induced!) 

She ran some blood tests and so here I wait. I was told to call today for results but the bile acid test was still pending. I did though find out my platelets are still stable (about 25 below normal though which isn't too bad) and whatever test she ran for hypertension came back normal. 

Luckily, we have a busy weekend ahead of us which will help if I don't hear back tomorrow!

Catching bubbles with this kid helps too.


3 comments:

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

Praying and thinking of you!!!

Meredith said...

Thinking of you! I was 100% convinced that I had this with Lizzy, and was totally freaked out about it (thank you Dr. Google). I actually never got to ask my doctor about it because I went into labor before I could. BUT I understand the super-itchiness, and I'm sorry. It sucks.

Julia Goolia said...

geez, lady! Hoping it turns out to be nothing. Ick---no fun!