Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Six {Bennett}

Oh Boy.

Six months, huh?

Half a year?

Nope. NO way.

Oh, Benny boy. I really need the next six to go by much slower!


Likes: Being on the move, toys, eating big boy food, grabbing things, playing with your brother and his toys, being awake, being near Mommy, being with other people, staring at people, mommy's phone, anything big brother has in his hand, grabbing mommy's hair and face. 




Dislikes: Naps. Being left alone. Diaper changes. 

Sleep:  Well, it's not good but it's not awful. He has some nights he'll sleep really well and others where it just sucks. Lately, he has been getting up between 3-4 and restless for the rest of the night/morning and we end up tossing and turning together. He starts the first stretch out in the pack n play and then the rest of the night in our bed. I think he needs to go to his room to get better sleep, really but we need to get a new window first. Having not really used his room before he started using it, well, it's VERY cold. So, as soon as it's replaced, he's going to start being a big boy in his OWN bed. 


I love seeing how their relationship grows. Brady loves him to pieces and Ben still looks at him like he hung the moon. I can see lots of trouble in my future. 

Yummies: Still nursing. We hit the SIX month mark and I'm so happy. I have relaxed a bit about it but we are still doing strong. He LOVES solids. I mean loves. We actually started with some cereal and avocados a week or so before he actually turned six months. He was SO ready. The first bite, he smiled and I knew he was going to love it. I debated on cereal for a long time but ended up going for it. I figure the more I can get him to eat, the better. I know this age it's not really about nutrition but Momma needs to fatten him up and fast! He's eating a mix of purees I made, some jarred purees and some BLW. His idea of feeding himself is to squeeze the heck out of his food and then put it in his mouth. He's pretty good at it and I see the pincher grasp developing! He is so funny though, before I even get to sit near him with his food and as soon as he sees a spoon, his mouth is open. 
I joked that he was such a clean eater but once he realized the spoon had food on it, he started getting grabby, which then made for a messy experience. He sure does look cute though. 

Growth: Still tiny. Sigh. Double sigh. At his six month visit, he was 14 pounds 2 ounces and 26.5 inches long. I didn't even bother to ask where he was percentile wise. Just don't wanna know but his doctor said he's doing great, growing well but that percentile gets me especially since Brady was such a chunk. I still go back and forth on my freak outs about his weight but try not to worry.  I think I've worried more this month because he is supposed to have surgery and the anesthesiologist recommends babies be at least 15 pounds. Sigh, which means I might delay it another month to give him time to chunk up a bit just for my own peace of mind. I've called the doctor to see what they think and we'll go from there but momma instinct says, 'Let's wait'' then again, Momma doesn't wanna do it at all. I do think, him being so active now is going against us in this battle but the important thing is he is growing. He's just a little guy. 

Medical stuff:
We set the Endocrinologist later this month and supposed to have surgery on the 24th but that may be delayed till next month. Sigh. Busy month for that stuff that Mommy doesn't like. We did bloodwork last week and I have the most amazing little boy. You see that Benny? You rock. I was a bit nervous because I usually take you to the Children's Hospital (after the last bad experience at the lab where they poked you THREE times) but needed to get in and out quicker so we went to the one by our house. I was SO nervous when the tech saw it was YOU that needed blood taken and she had the other tech hold your arm while I held you. 

Not a peep. Not a single one. You started at that girl and oogled at her. I just about cried for you because it made my heart SO happy. I have such a soft spot for you that bloodwork kills me every single time. 



Milestones:

I'm just going to call it and say he is 'crawling.' It's a half crawl/half scoot kinda thing but the kid gets where he wants and fast. He goes from the crawling position to sitting back to his side and all over the place. I've learned it's much harder the 2nd time around when baby's get mobile because of all the stuff that kid #1 leaves around and eats. You can't really take your eyes off the baby! 

Solids! I would say that is a big deal! He's really enjoying it. I love this age SO much. Love it. 

Sitting is getting more and more sturdy. I would say you can sit most of the time without toppling over but occasionally get too excited and fall over, which is funny because he can mostly crawl but sitting is still a bit wobbly.


Well, they are surely related. Brady had a little more hair and more chunk! I forgot Brady had that little mohawk of hair for the longest time and started getting a ton around 8-9 months and I think Ben will be the same way.

I just can't believe we are halfway to a year. It makes me so sad to think it's gone by so fast but our family is perfect with him in our lives. I just wish I could find a way to freeze time for a while. I love this age so much and not ready for it to be over.

1 comment:

LC said...

Man...he's just so handsome. Time flies but as you know, it just keeps getting better and better.