Monday, August 6, 2012

Brotherly Love

I was a bit of a hormonal mess before Bennett was born. In a way, I mourned our family of three even though I was more than excited and ready for our family to grow! I was nervous about all the changes but more for Brady than I was for myself. I had times where I felt guilty that I was about to turn his life upside down or that I wouldn't be able to give him the time/attention I could before.

I kinda laugh now at how dramatic I was about it because for him, this transition has been a piece of cake and I think it's because he has loved his brother since the moment he laid eyes on him. Not to say we haven't had our rough moments because we have. There was a time or ten hundred where he just purely acted out because he wanted mommy or out of pure boredom because having a brand new baby doesn't make lots of time for outings especially when it's 110 outside.

He never once complained or showed any resentment against all the changes or the little being who brought it all.

He has only shown him love. Lots of it.

Sometimes, it's too much and I have to remind him that baby needs his own space but I can't help but smile when I see him running to him every moment he can.

This has been the one of the best things about adding to our family and I can't wait to watch their relationship grow.

Every morning, he runs in to see Bennett and in the most high pitched voice and screams, "HI, BABY!"

Over the weekend, while we were out and about, he tells a lady, 'We have a baby (which he tells EVERYONE he meets!) and he's SO cute."

Proud mommy moment right there.

He's very proud of his little brother and that makes for a proud mommy.

He's also said that Bennett is very beautiful, 'so fresh and clean', and pretty but the thing he says that gets me every time is "I love you, baby!"

A few weeks ago, I ran out of the room and Bennett started crying. Brady ran up to him and goes, "It's okay. I'm here. I love you!"

I'll have to remind them of these moments when they are fighting over the same toy or even the same girl one day, right?